The Ku-ring-gai community now
We are multi-generational and growing
• a high proportion of school aged children and middle aged adults
• a lower proportion of young adults aged 20 – 39 years old
• a high proportion of residents aged 65 plus which is forecast to significantly increase, particularly those aged over 85.
• in the last ten years our population increased to 123,000, up from 105,000 in 2006
We are family friendly
• nearly half of all households are couples with children
We are increasingly diverse
• nearly 40% of Ku-ring-gai residents were born overseas
We mainly live in houses, but more are living in units
• nearly 75% of Ku-ring-gai people live in a house
• since 2006 an additional 5,758 units have been built
*Source: ABS Census 2016
These are just some of the issues affecting Ku-ring-gai. You may have others you wish to discuss with us.
Find out more about Ku-ring-gai demographics here.